Appointed as district court judge by Governor Mark Dayton on Jan. 4, 2019. Current term expires Jan. 2021.
University of Minnesota, B.A.
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
Appointed May 2013
- Juvenile Court: Delinquency and Petty Arraignments and Pretrials, Contested Evidentiary Hearings, Serious Traffic Matters, Truancy, Motions to Change Custody and for Parenting Time Assistance, State Wards.
PRIOR LEGAL EXPERIENCE:
Law Clerk to the Honorable Susan N. Burke
Staff Attorney, Hennepin County Juvenile Court
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative
- Co-Chair of the Eliminating Racial Disparities Committee
- Executive Steering Committee Member
- Case Processing Committee Member
- MN Supreme Court Appointee to the School Safety and Technical Assistance Council
- Children’s Justice Initiative Member
- Adjunct Professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- District Chair of the Northern Star Council, Juvenile Diversion
- Former Member of the Family Violence Coordinating Council