Fine amounts are no longer posted on the Judicial Branch Website because law library fees are set by each county and the total amount of fines can vary. A total fine amount is not available until after law enforcement files the citation with the court and it is entered into the Minnesota Court Information System (MNCIS)
, a process which could take up to ten (10) business days. To find the amount of your fine, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the 'Make Payment/View Fine Amount
2. Click on the third option 'Find Citation
3. Enter your citation number and click 'search'.
4. If the citation has been filed with the courts and is available for payment using the Minnesota Court Web Payment service, the case number will be available just below the 'Case Number
' header. To make a payment or view fine amounts, click on the case number.
5. Click the “Make Payment” button to pay your citation. If the 'Make Payment' button is not available, that means you must appear in court. Contact the MN Court Payment Center (CPC)