On May 10, the Wright County Courthouse in Buffalo will open its doors to the public as part of a Law Day “Open Courthouse” event. The event is being held to showcase the work of Minnesota’s courts, and educate the public about the work of judges, attorneys, law enforcement, and citizens in administering the state’s justice system. The free, open-to-the public event, will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Complimentary rides are provided by Trailblazer Transit by calling 1-888-743-3828 up to one week in advance to schedule a ride on the bus.
The event will feature legal advice clinics on a variety of topics, presentations by local district court judges and justice system partners, and an information fair. Please visit the related tabs on this page for more information.
The Open Courthouse event is scheduled to coincide with Law Day, a national day set aside to celebrate the rule of law. Law Day underscores how law and the legal process have contributed to the freedoms that all Americans share. Law Day was first established in 1958 through a proclamation by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Congress passed a joint resolution designating May 1 as Law Day, U.S.A in 1961.
Free legal advice clinics will be available to the public from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You will be able to:
Appointments can be scheduled in advance by calling (763) 682-7549. Walk-ins will also be accepted.
- Resolve outstanding warrants in criminal misdemeanor cases;
- Get help with getting your driver's license reinstated;
- Find out how to expunge your criminal, juvenile, or housing record;
- Meet with a lawyer to get free legal advice on family, probate, and civil matters; or
- Get help creating a Health Care Directive.
Complimentary rides are provided by Trailblazer Transit by calling 1-888-743-3828 up to one week in advance to schedule a ride.
During the open courthouse event, information booths on the following will be available:
- Health Care directives
- Self Help Center
- Rivers of Hope
- Wright County Court Services
- Wright County Court Administration
- Court Reporters
- Wright County Health and Human Services
- MN Department of Corrections
- Veteran Services