Appellate Courts >
Supreme Court >
Supreme Court Opinions
Sign up to receive updates
Appellate Courts will begin transmitting all notices, orders, and opinions electronically.
Beginning no later than July 1, 2011, the appellate courts will send notices, orders, opinions and correspondence related to pending cases to attorneys in those cases by e-mail rather than postal mail. All attorneys with pending appellate cases who have not already registered an e-mail address should do so immediately. Unrepresented parties with pending appellate cases may also participate in this e-notification system by registering an e-mail address. Please go to http://www.mncourts.gov/?page=156 for instructions how to register your e-mail address.
OPINIONS OF THE SUPREME COURT
FILED WEDNESDAY, JULY 16, 2014
NOTICE - MEDIA RELEASE TIME IS 10:00 A.M.
NO OPINIONS FILED
A13-1820 In the Matter of the Welfare of the Child of: R.D.L. and J.W., Parents.
Court of Appeals.
Decision of the court of appeals filed March 31, 2014, affirming the termination of appellant R.D.L.’s parental rights, is affirmed. This order is issued with opinion to follow.
Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea.
Dissenting, Justice Alan C. Page.
A11-2126 In re Petition for Disciplinary Action against Susanne Marie Glasser, a Minnesota
Attorney, Registration No. 272978.
Motion denied; conditional reinstatement revoked and indefinitely suspended. Justice Alan C. Page.
A14-0537 In re Petition for Disciplinary Action against Patrick Scott Dinneen, a Minnesota
Attorney, Registration No. 293775.
Publicly reprimanded and placed on disciplinary probation for 2 years. Justice Alan C. Page.
(Added to website on July 18, 2014)
ORDERS ON PETITIONS FOR FURTHER REVIEW
Filed - July 15, 2014
(Petitioner indicated in Italic Type)
1. Lowell D. Berg, et al. vs. Motokazie, Inc., Rice County Board of Commissioners
A13-0776 – Denied
2. Yvette Ford vs. Minneapolis Public Schools – A13-1072 – Granted/Vacated/Remanded
3. Abshir Abtidon Barrow vs. State of Minnesota – A13-1520 – Granted
4. State of Minnesota vs. Jacquet Deon Munn – A13-1067 – Denied
5. Douglas W. Butler, et al. vs. JLA Industrial Equipment, Inc. d/b/a Hotsy Equipment of
Minnesota, Schieffer Co. International, LC, Alfred Karcher, Inc. d/b/a Karcher North America,
et al., Defendants, Magam Enterprises Group – A13-1448 – Denied
6. Cicero Deshawn Taylor vs. State of Minnesota – A13-1428 – Denied
7. In re the Matter of: Maria Junette Johnson vs. Michael Peter Henderson –
A14-0732 – Petition for Accelerated Review – Denied
8. State of Minnesota vs. Alfredo Jesse Rosillo – A13-0502 – Denied
9. State of Minnesota vs. Alfredo Jesse Rosillo – A13-0504 – Denied
10. State of Minnesota vs. Anthony Mitchell Spry – A13-1619 – Denied
11. State of Minnesota vs. Ismael Hernandez – A13-1181 – Denied
12. State of Minnesota vs. Decarieon Dupra Scurlock – A13-0999 – Denied
13. State of Minnesota vs. Gabriel Robert Kimbrough – A13-0791 – Denied
14. Thomas Rosen, Susan Weir, Plaintiff vs. Edina Public Schools - Independent School
District #273 – A13-1704 – Denied
15. Alex Jerome, et al. vs. City of St. Paul – A13-0313 – Denied
16. Aireal Icenhower vs. Total Automotive, Inc., Department of Employment and
Economic Development – A13-1287 – Denied
17. OSEMI, Inc. vs. Red Wing Port Authority – A13-1413 – Denied
18. State of Minnesota vs. Ronald William Beattie, Jr. – A13-1099 – Denied
19. State of Minnesota vs. Anthony David Gurneau – A13-0912 – Denied
20. State of Minnesota vs. Erik Dupree Solorio – A13-1714 – Denied
21. State of Minnesota vs. Douglas Carl Manney – A13-0418 – Denied
22. State of Minnesota vs. Lancintino Antwon Flemino – A13-0987 – Denied
23. State of Minnesota vs. Joseph Gassoway – A13-0608 – Denied
24. State of Minnesota vs. James Howard Klein – A13-0881 – Denied
25. State of Minnesota vs. Kiunte Jaishun McCoy – A13-2260 – Granted/Stayed
26. State of Minnesota vs. Misty Marie Littlewolf – A13-0750 – Denied
27. ABP, LLC, et al. vs. Crayon Box Childcare Academy, Inc., et al. – A14-0588 -
28. Robert W. Garves vs. VFW - Coon Rapids - Post 9625 of U.S., Department of
Employment and Economic Development – A13-1575 – Denied
29. In re the Custody of I.J.H. and M.J.S-H. Kidane Sante Shulbe vs. Ashley Rose Henke –
A13-0908 – Dismissed
30. State of Minnesota vs. Bernard Neal – A13-0990 – Denied
31. State of Minnesota vs. Jamarr Marcelles Elliott – A13-0466 – Granted/Stayed
32. State of Minnesota vs. Troy Edward Porter – A13-1547 – Dismissed/Withdrawn (7-2-14)
The Adobe Reader must be used to view or print the opinions.
Click "Get Adobe Reader" button to download Adobe Reader free of charge.