Judicial Branch Home >
2nd Home >
Online Services >
Electronic File & Serve
eFiling and eService Now Available for Juvenile Delinquency, Traffic,
Truancy and Runaway Case Types in the 2nd Judicial District
On April 1, 2013, the 2nd Judicial District will make eFiling and eService available for all Juvenile Delinquency, Traffic, Truancy and Runaway cases. All Ramsey County justice partners will begin electronically filing and serving both new and subsequent filings in Truancy and Runaway cases and subsequent filings only in Delinquency and Traffic cases. All other attorneys and government agencies are encouraged to begin using the eFile and eServe system for these cases. Attorneys and agencies with pending matters in these case types should sign themselves up for eService as soon as possible. Use of the system is limited to legal professionals and government agencies at this time. Training is strongly recommended before attempting to eFile. See links and information below to sign up for training and for additional resource information.
eFile/eServe Expands to Criminal & Traffic Court
Notice to Attorneys and Government Agencies: EFiling and eService in Ramsey District Court (Second Judicial District) will expand to the Criminal and Traffic Division on February 25th, 2013. This change means that documents filed as part of Criminal & Traffic Division cases will be filed electronically with the following exceptions:
- Original complaints and citations
- Documents filed by individuals representing themselves
- Payable offenses not referred to a judge
Training is strongly encouraged before attempting to electronically file and serve for the first time. Many training opportunities are available. Please see the links in step 2 of Register for Odyssey File & Serve below to sign up for training and for additional information about eFiling and eServing.
See Supreme Court Order Mandatory eFiling and eService for further details.
IMPORTANT USER INFORMATION
Most Common User Questions
1) eService You must sign up to receive eService on each case individually, eFiling into a case or being the attorney of record does not mean that you have signed up for eService. For more information on signing up for eService please see the eService guide and for more information on sending eService please see the last page of the eFiling Guide.
2) Attachments The Attachments document gives more details about the attachments feature. Page 3, of the eFiling Guide shows where the Add Another Filing button is. Please enter every document with a seperate Filing Code.
3) Waiver Account Please see the Waiver Account Guide for more information on how to set up a Waiver Account.
4) Proposed Document All documents that require a judge's signature should be submitted with the Filing Code of Proposed Document and the Filing Description stating the title of the document being filed. Documents that have not been signed by a judge should never be filed as Orders.
Register for Odyssey File & Serve
The Second Judicial District welcomes all law firms/attorneys and agencies to begin eFiling. To start the process:
1) Please choose a firm adminstrator after reviewing the Administrator Duties document
2) The Firm Administrator should attend a training. CLE eFile Training May 31st, 2013, register here. See the State Training Schedule here. Self-paced tutorials may also be used, however if they are used it is recommended that the eFiling Guide be used for Minnesota specific information.
3) After training, the firm administrator needs the following to register:
- Odyssey File & Serve site
- Internet Explorer version 7 or higher OR Firefox and a high speed internet connection
- Firm/Attorney contact information
- Valid eMail address
- For remaining account setup: User eMail addresses, attorney bar numbers, and a valid credit card.
Technical Support: Tyler Technologies 800.297.5377 or email@example.com
MN eFile & eServe Support Center - Telephone Support:
651-227-2002 (if calling from area codes 612, 651, 763, and 952)
1-855-291-8246 (if calling from all other area codes)
Send an eMail eCourtMN@courts.state.mn.us
eCourtMN web page
4th (Hennepin) District Court eFile web page