2nd District  

Court Interpreters
In this section:


Judicial Branch Home > 2nd Home > Assignment Division >

Court Interpreters

15 West Kellogg Blvd. Room #70
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102


Information Lus qhia uas yog txhais ua lus Hmoob Aqbaar Somali ah Información en Español
Video: English and ASL,
Deaf and Hard of Hearing 
(21 minutes)
(27 minutes)
(27 minutes)
(27 minutes)

 The Court Interpreters Office provides qualified court interpreters for defendants, litigants, and witnesses for a variety of court appearances.  The interpreters assist the parties in communication and ensure equal access to the courts for non-English speakers.

Requesting an Interpreter

How do I request an interpreter in Ramsey County District Court?

If you speak some English or are helping someone who does not speak English, call the office where the case is filed and tell the clerk that you want to request an interpreter.  Provide the following information:

  • The date, time and location of the hearing
  • The name of the person who needs an interpreter
  • The language
  • The case number
  • Your telephone number

The clerk will schedule an interpreter for the hearing. Click this link to find telephone number of the office where the case is filed: List of offices

Back to top of page

Other Questions

Do I need to provide my own interpreter for my court hearing?

No.  The court will provide an interpreter for you.

I speak some English, but not well enough.  Can I request an interpreter?


Is there a cost for court interpreter services?


Back to top of page

Can the interpreters help me fill out court forms?

No. Interpreters are there only to interpret. They are not allowed to fill out forms.

Are forms available in my language?

The court provides forms in Hmong, Somali, Spanish, Cambodian, Lao, Oromo, Russian, and Vietnamese. Not all court forms are translated into all available languages.  Please Note: Forms filed with the court MUST be completed in English.

I have a document in my language.  Can the interpreter translate this for me?

No. The interpreters are not allowed to translate documents.

How do I become a Court Interpreter?

Visit the Minnesota Court Interpreter Program page of the Minnesota Judicial Branch site or call their office at (651) 297-5300.

Back to top of page

 Language Access Plan