Judicial Branch Home >
4th District Home >
Court Administration >
Criminal & Traffic Court
The 4th District Criminal Division handles cases in two locations in downtown Minneapolis, and in three suburban locations (Brooklyn Center, Edina, and Minnetonka). The Criminal Division includes Problem-Solving and Specialty Courts focused on one case type such as DWI, Drugs, Domestic Violence and Community-related offenses. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service to all court users, including the public, defendants, prosecutors, defense attorneys, criminal justice agencies, and the media.
News & Notices
- Effective July 1, 2015, eFiling and eService will be mandatory for all case types for attorneys, government agencies, and guardians ad litem in Hennepin County and the other 10 eCourtMN pilot counties (Cass, Clay, Cook, Dakota, Faribault, Kandiyohi, Lake, Morrison, Ramsey, and Washington). This requirement is part of recent amendments to the Minnesota Rules of Court, enacted by a Minnesota Supreme Court order issued on April 23, 2015. The amendments were adopted after an extensive process to update the Minnesota Rules of Court to accommodate electronic filing and service in the district courts. For more information on eFiling and eService, check out our eFile and eServe website.
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Citizens have reported fraudulent calls where they are told that they have a warrant and that the need to pay to resolve the warrant immediately. They are then asked for their credit card information. These calls are not from the MN Judicial Branch.
The court DOES NOT call and ask for credit card information over the phone in order to pay for a warrant. If you receive one of these calls, please contact your local law enforcement agency.
If you have questions about owing money to the court, please call (612)348-2040 to speak with a clerk.
- Request for Continuance by Email
Attorneys and self-represented defendants who want to reschedule a court hearing may submit a Request for Continuance by email. » Learn more...
- Criminal Expungement Hearings
To schedule a criminal expungement hearing, call the Expungement Scheduling Line at (612)348-8305, or visit the Self-Help Center in person.
- Criminal & Civil Signing Judge Hours
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon | 1:30p - 4:15p
Monday - Friday, closed legal holidays
Hennepin County Government Center
« Back to 4th District Home