Judicial Branch Home >
4th District Home >
Court Administration >
Probate / Mental Health Court
Welcome to the 4th District Probate/Mental Health Court. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service to all court users, including the public, parties, attorneys, and justice partners.
News & Notices
- Guardianship/Conservatorship Attorney Panel NEW!
The Probate/Mental Health Court in the Fourth Judicial District is now accepting applications to serve on its Guardianship/Conservatorship Attorney Panel. » Learn more...
- Notice: Effective July 15, 2014, Probate Court Administration will no longer send a reminder to guardians or conservators or send them the "Notice and Order to Proceed" for failure to file timely reports in their appointed cases. Instead, Court Administration will send a "Notice to File or Appear" at 31 days past due with a scheduled hearing date, which can be canceled if required reports are filed before the hearing. » Read the full Notice for details.
- Notice: Attorneys handling Estate cases in Hennepin County, 4th Judicial District, must file a proposed "Notice and Order for Hearing/Notice to Creditors" with the court. The court will complete the document by entering the hearing date and obtaining the judicial signature. The completed Notice/Order will be sent to the filing attorney for service and publication. NOTE: Probate/Mental Health Court, nor any other agency or entities thereof, does not assume any legal liability, financial liability or responsibility for the accuracy of information in the document after it is returned to the filing attorney. It is the responsibility of the filing attorney to ensure all information on the document is correct prior to service and publication.
- Notice: eFile and eServe is available in Probate Court. Use of the system is voluntary and limited to legal professionals handling Probate matters. Mental Health Civil Commitment case types are also available for eFile and eServe and is voluntary.
- Notice: The Probate/Mental Health Court uniformly enforces MN Statutes 481.02, subd. 5, which requires that corporations appearing in District Court must be represented by an attorney.
- Notice: Conservators appointed by the court must e-file their annual reports using MyMNConservator (MMC).
- Notice: The Fourth District Probate Court will require that all proposed Guardians and Conservators watch a Guardianship/Conservatorship Educational Video about their roles, and file a Hennepin-specific "Oath and Acceptance" form before they appear at their initial hearing. » Learn more...
« Back to 4th District Home