Service Desk  

Judicial Branch Home > SHC Home > FIND HELP WITH: >

Landlord & Tenant

NOTE: A corporation or LLC must be represented by an attorney in District Court, which includes having an attorney sign court papers on behalf of the client corporation or LLC. Except: For cases limited to the Hennepin County "Housing Court," MN Gen. Rule of Practice 603 may allow a principal (or agent) of the corporation or LLC to sign court papers or appear in court on behalf of the business entity. Get legal advice if you have questions on this topic.

Need an interpreter in court? Courts generally need 48 hours advance notice to provide an interpreter at a hearing. Contact Court Administration as soon as you know you will need an interpreter.

Housing Court Forms Court Forms - Housing/Landlord-Tenant

The MN Judicial Branch publishes court forms and instructions for the most common types of landlord-tenant cases. These resources explain how to solve a dispute through a court process, and what to do before filing papers in court. You might find other legal forms at a law library or legal publisher.

Laws, Rules & Legal Resources in Housing Court Laws, Rules & Resources for Landlord-Tenant Cases

Legal rights and duties of the landlord and tenant are determined by lease (rental agreement), state and federal laws, and city ordinances. We link to many online resources for landlords and tenants offered by other agencies in Minnesota. You might also find materials at your local law library. For advice on what you should do in your situation, talk to a lawyer.

Legal Advice Clinics & Self-Help in the Courts Legal Advice Clinics & Self-Help in the Courts



« Back to SHC Home