Service Desk  

Judicial Branch Home > SHC Home > FIND HELP WITH: > Landlord & Tenant >

Laws, Rules & Resources for Landlord-Tenant Cases

If you are representing yourself in a housing case in Minnesota, you are responsible for following the same laws and rules as an attorney. Read Rights and Duties of Self-Represented Parties.

NOTE: A corporation or LLC must be represented by an attorney in District Court, which includes having an attorney sign court papers on behalf of the client corporation or LLC. Except: For cases limited to the Hennepin County "Housing Court," MN Gen. Rule of Practice 603 may allow a principal (or agent) of the corporation or LLC to sign court papers or appear in court on behalf of the business entity. Get legal advice if you have questions on this topic.

The following is a list of some of the laws and rules that deal with housing issues in Minnesota.

You can get more help with your legal research at Law Libraries throughout Minnesota. County law libraries are open to the public, but hours will vary. Click MN County Law Libraries to see a directory of county law libraries.

Talk with a lawyer to learn how the laws and rules may affect your case.

Resources on Landlord-Tenant Issues


« Back to Landlord & Tenant Home

« Back to SHC Home