Judicial Branch Home >
2nd Home >
Online Services >
Electronic File & Serve
Special Announcement: $3.00 eService Fee Eliminated
The Minnesota Judicial Branch is pleased to announce that, effective Monday, July 8, 2013, the $3.00 fee for eService has been eliminated. eService, which allows litigants who eFile their cases to serve other parties via email, is a service of the Minnesota Judicial Branch’s eCourtMN Initiative.
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact the
eFile Support Center:
||Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (CST). Closed state government holidays except Columbus Day.
||via mncourts.gov website
||651-227-2002 (if calling from 612, 651, 763, or 952) or
855-291-8246 (if calling from all other area codes)
eFiling and eService Expands to Commitment Court
On Monday, June 3, 2013, the Second Judicial District will implement electronic filing in the Commitment Court of the Civil Division. All filers will be able to use the electronic file and serve system as of June 3rd for both new and subsequent filings in Commitment Court. Attorneys and agencies with pending matters before the court should sign up for eService in each case as soon as possible. Training is encouraged. See the links below on this page for training opportunities. EFiling guides and other helpful information are also available below on this web page, including civil commitment case and document type lists as found under “Civil Division Documents.”
IMPORTANT USER INFORMATION
Most Common User Questions
1) eService You must sign up to receive eService on each case individually, eFiling into a case or being the attorney of record does not mean that you have signed up for eService. For more information on signing up for eService please see the eService guide and for more information on sending eService please see the last page of the eFiling Guide.
2) Attachments The Attachments document gives more details about the attachments feature. Page 3, of the eFiling Guide shows where the Add Another Filing button is. Please enter every document with a seperate Filing Code.
3) Waiver Account Please see the Waiver Account Guide for more information on how to set up a Waiver Account.
4) Proposed Document All documents that require a judge's signature should be submitted with the Filing Code of Proposed Document and the Filing Description stating the title of the document being filed. Documents that have not been signed by a judge should never be filed as Orders.
Register for Odyssey File & Serve
The Second Judicial District welcomes all law firms/attorneys and agencies to begin eFiling. To start the process:
1) Please choose a firm adminstrator after reviewing the Administrator Duties document
2) The Firm Administrator should attend a training. See the State Training Schedule here. Self-paced tutorials may also be used, however if they are used it is recommended that the eFiling Guide be used for Minnesota specific information.
3) After training, the firm administrator needs the following to register:
- Odyssey File & Serve site
- Internet Explorer version 7 or higher OR Firefox and a high speed internet connection
- Firm/Attorney contact information
- Valid eMail address
- For remaining account setup: User eMail addresses, attorney bar numbers, and a valid credit card.
Technical Support: Tyler Technologies 800.297.5377 or email@example.com
MN eFile & eServe Support Center - Telephone Support:
651-227-2002 (if calling from area codes 612, 651, 763, and 952)
1-855-291-8246 (if calling from all other area codes)
Send an eMail eCourtMN@courts.state.mn.us
eCourtMN web page
4th (Hennepin) District Court eFile web page