New Limitations at Court Facilities
Per an order
from Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, the Minnesota Judicial Branch is limiting in-person activities in court facilities in response to increased COVID-19 infection rates in Minnesota:
- Jury Trials: Jury trials in progress will continue until complete. No new jury trials will begin prior to February 1, 2021. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for current information on public access to our court facilities.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
If you have a court case scheduled in Blue Earth County District Court, call (507) 304-4650
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court remotely by email
The Blue Earth County Justice Center has implemented additional screening requirements for entry. Before entering the courthouse you will be requested
- Not enter the building if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Sanitize your hands
- Face coverings are required
- Documents can be filed with the court by using the Court Administration dropbox located outside of the office