Remote Court Hearing Instruction Video
New Limitations at Court Facilities: Per an order from Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, the Minnesota Judicial Branch is limiting in-person activities in court facilities in response to increased COVID-19 infection rates in Minnesota:
- Jury Trials: Jury trials in progress will continue until complete. No new jury trials will begin prior to February 1, 2021. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for current information on public access to our court facilities.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
Face coverings are required in all court facilities. If you do not have a face covering, see court staff immediately.
If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days contact the court or your attorney as soon as possible.
Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Orders and Information »
Safely Reopening Court Facilities Resources »
Court Administration Office Access
- The Carlton County Courthouse is open to those who need access to the court administration customer service office. Entry to the courthouse is through the west door near the law enforcement center and exit is through the 3rd Street (east) door.
- Access to court administration is limited to those with court business. Friends of customers and others will be asked to wait outside.
- The court administration customer service office is on the 3rd floor.
- A public access to court records computer is on the 1st floor.
- Self-help center services are available remotely Monday – Friday from 8:30-4:00 p.m. Call (651) 435-6535.
- Wearing masks is strongly encouraged. Visit the Carlton County Website for more information about the County’s COVID-19 procedures.
If you have a court case scheduled in Carlton County District Court, call (218) 384-9578 to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county.
Administrative Order - Order Governing the Continuing Operations of MN Judicial Branch
Administrative Order - Closure & Access to Judicial District Courthouse
Administrative Order - Court Operations in Civil Commitment Cases
June 11, 2020 Update
May 14, 2020 Update
April 14, 2020 Update
April 7, 2020 Update
March 24, 2020 Update