New Limitations at Court Facilities
Per an order
from Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, the Minnesota Judicial Branch is limiting in-person activities in court facilities in response to increased COVID-19 infection rates in Minnesota:
- Jury Trials: Jury trials in progress will continue until complete. No new jury trials will begin prior to February 1, 2021. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for current information on public access to our court facilities.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
If you have a court case scheduled in Crow Wing County District Court, call (218) 824-1310
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email
and use the drop down menu to select the appropriate county.
Remote Hearing Information
If you are scheduled for a remote hearing and do not have access to the appropriate technology or internet, you may make arrangements for the use of an ipad at the Crow Wing County Courthouse to appear remotely. Please call Crow Wing County District Court at (218) 824-1310 to check availability for this service. To appear in person for your court hearing, you must notify Court Administration two days in advance of the court date to ensure all COVID-19 safety measures can be followed.
If you are scheduled for a criminal matter and it is your first hearing, please complete and submit the appropriate statement of rights form to Court Administration as noted below. Your court hearing may be delayed or reset if the court has not received this information by the hearing date. You may complete a public defender application if you are requesting a court appointed attorney.
Felony-Gross Misdemeanor rights
Probation Violation rights
Public Defender Application
Submit your completed forms to Crow Wing County Court Administration:
- US MAIL TO: 213 LAUREL STREET, SUITE 11, BRAINERD, MN 56401
- DROP OFF AT THE COURT ADMINISTRATION COUNTER
- PUT IN DROP BOX BY FRONT SECURITY IN THE JUDICIAL CENTER
Visit the Remote Hearings page
for additional information including instructions regarding exhibits.
Please use telephone, on-line, drop box or mail services as much as possible for court business.
STAY HOME IF YOU ARE ILL.