The courthouse public service counter and public access terminals (courthouse terminals) are open from 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Face coverings are required in all court facilities beginning July 13. If you do not have a face covering see court staff immediately. If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days contact the court or your attorney as soon as possible.
You will be required to follow Minnesota Department of Health social distancing guidelines while in court facilities.
District courts have resumed criminal jury trials in person in courtrooms with detailed safety and social distancing measures in place. Civil jury trials for previously scheduled trials that were put on hold when physical access to courthouses was limited began September 1, 2020, and civil jury trials for new cases will begin December 1, 2020.
Remote hearings will continue to take place and Self-Help Center services will continue to be conducted by phone and email, as well as appointments in limited situations.
Learn more about safety measures all courthouses are following to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by visiting the Reopening
Learn more about how courts have responded to COVID-19 by the Emergency
If you have a court case scheduled in Fillmore County District Court, please call (507) 765-6021
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email
and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county. Parties to actions where a hearing has been cancelled may be contacted by court administration to reschedule the hearing.
If your case will be heard or you must visit the Fillmore County Courthouse, please be aware of the following changes:
While some Fillmore County offices and buildings are closed to the public, the Fillmore County Courthouse is open to court customers that have essential
business with the court.
- The Fillmore County Courthouse will remain open for scheduled super high and high priority hearings, and for other persons with prior approval of the court. For approval, please call (507) 765-6021.
- Door No. 1 shall be used, and persons must identify the purpose of their visit to the courthouse, such as providing the name of the case or case number.
- Those customers who need to file paperwork MUST call (507) 765-6021 for direction on filing their paperwork.
- Efforts will be made to accommodate remote appearances for every scheduled hearing. Making the Record for Remote Appearances - Tips for Judges and Attorneys
- For persons who have business with the court other than Super High or High Priority hearings, eFiling, U.S. Mail, and telephone access will be available.
These measures should not adversely affect a litigant’s case in any way.