Limited In-Person Activities at Court Facilities
To continue operations consistent with public health guidance and in a manner that prioritizes health and safety, the Minnesota Judicial Branch is extending its limitation of in-person activities in court facilities for 45 days effective February 1, 2021:
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely to the extent possible. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Criminal Jury Trials: No new jury trials will begin before March 15, 2021, unless the Chief Judge grants an exception. Exceptions shall be granted for criminal cases that meet three criteria - speedy trial, in-custody defendant, and felony or non-felony person crime - unless a trial cannot be held safely due to local conditions.
- Civil Jury Trials: No in-person civil jury trials will be held before March 15, 2021. Exceptions may be granted in limited circumstances. A civil jury trial may take place remotely if all parties and the judge are in agreement.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours, excluding court holidays. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for more information.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
Face coverings are required in all court facilities. If you do not have a face covering, see court staff immediately.
If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days contact the court
or your attorney as soon as possible.
Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Orders and Information »
Safety Reopening Court Facilities Resources »
Public Access to Fillmore Court Facilities
- Public service counters and public access terminals (courthouse terminals) are available by Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Other County-Specific Information
If your case must be heard or you must visit the Fillmore County Courthouse, please be aware of the following changes:
- While some Fillmore County offices are closed and by appointment only to the public, the Fillmore County Courthouse is open to court customers that have business with the court.
- The Fillmore County Courthouse will remain open for approved in-person hearings. If family members or public want to attend an in-person hearing, they will need prior approval of the court. For approval, please call (507) 765-6021.
- Efforts will be made to accommodate remote appearances for every scheduled hearing. Making the Record for Remote Appearances - Tips for Judges and Attorneys
- For persons who have business with the court, eFiling, U.S. Mail, and Fax, and telephone access will be available.
- These measures should not adversely affect a litigant's case in any way.
If you have questions about a case filed in Fillmore County, you may contact us by phone or email: