Remote Court Hearing Instruction Video
Limited In-Person Activities at Court Facilities
To continue operations consistent with public health guidance and in a manner that prioritizes health and safety, the following will govern activities in court facilities:
- Criminal Jury Trials: Criminal jury trials in all case types may be held in-person in accordance with the Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Preparedness Plan and approved local jury trial plans.
- Civil Jury Trials: No in-person civil jury trials will commence before June 14, 2021, unless an exception is granted by the Chief Judge after consultation with the Chief Justice.
- Hearings: Hearings across all case types will be conducted remotely to the extent possible; exceptions may include sentencing hearings in criminal cases in which there is a presumptive commitment to the Department of Corrections, and contested hearings when evidence is submitted in Major Criminal cases, Child Protection (CHIPS and Permanency) cases, Juvenile Delinquency cases, and omnibus hearings in Major Criminal cases, among other limited circumstances.
- Appellate Courts: Proceedings in appeals pending before the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Minnesota Supreme Court will continue as scheduled by those courts.
- Case Filings: All courts will continue to accept case filings.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open in each county and for the appellate courts during normal business hours, excluding court holidays. Services may be provided by appointment, remotely or by telephone. See below for more information.
- Media Access: For updates on access to public access terminals (courthouse terminals) and attending in-person court proceedings, contact the Court Information Office.
- Self-Help Center services are available by appointment, remotely, or by telephone.
Face coverings are required in all court facilities. If you do not have a face covering, see court staff immediately.
If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days contact the court or your attorney as soon as possible.
Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Orders and Information »
Safety Reopening Court Facilities Resources »
Court Administration Office Access
- The Lake County Courthouse is open to those who need to access to the court administration customer service office.
- A public access to court records computer is available.
- Self-help center services are available remotely Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Call (651) 435-6535.
- Wearing masks is strongly encouraged. Visit the Lake County Website for more information about the County’s COVID-19 procedures.
If you have a court case scheduled in Lake County District Court, please call (218) 834-8330
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email
and use the dropdown menu to select the appropriate county.
Administrative Order - Order Governing the Continuing Operations of MN Judicial Branch
Administrative Order - Closure & Access to Judicial District Courthouse
Administrative Order - Court Operations in Civil Commitment Cases
June 11, 2020 Update
May 14, 2020 Update
April 14, 2020 Update
April 7, 2020 Update
March 24, 2020 Update