Face covering requirements are determined by local administration. See the county-specific section below for our current guidance on face coverings.
Social distancing is not required in court facilities.
Current Court Operations
To continue operations in a manner that prioritizes health and safety, the following is effect:
- In-Person Hearings and Trials: Criminal Jury Trials; Civil Jury Trials; court trials in Major Criminal, Juvenile Delinquency and Juvenile Protection (including Child in Need of Protection or Services and Permanency cases types) cases; Criminal Settlement Conferences; and Grand Jury Proceedings continue to take place in-person. Mandatory misdemeanor criminal trials and contested hearings in these cases can be held in person beginning August 2, 2021.
- Remote Hearings: All other district court proceedings will be held remotely unless the chief judge of the judicial district grants permission for an in-person proceeding based on extenuating circumstances.
- Public Service Counters: At least one public service counter in each county, and one in the appellate courts, will be accessible between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, excluding court holidays. Counter service can be provided remotely, by appointment, or in person.
- Self-Help Services: Self-Help services continue to be conducted by appointment, remotely, or by telephone.
- Courthouse Terminals: Courthouse terminals are available based on hours established by the local district court. See below for more details.
If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days, contact the court or your attorney as soon as possible.
Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Orders and Information »
Safety Reopening Court Facilities Resources »
If you have a court case scheduled in Rock County District Court, call (507) 935-7006
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email
The Rock County courthouse, Luverne, MN, has implemented additional requirements for entry. Before entering the courthouse you will be required to:
- Sanitize your hands
- Wear a face covering
- Access Court Administration via use of elevator ONLY
The Rock County courthouse public service counter and public access terminal(s) are accessible.
Court Filings and fine payments may be deposited in the drop box in north entrance of courthouse. Be sure to include contact information.