Limited In-Person Activities at Court Facilities
To continue operations consistent with public health guidance and in a manner that prioritizes health and safety, the following will govern activities in court facilities:
- Criminal Jury Trials: In-person criminal jury trials in all case types may commence March 15, 2021, as long as the court adheres to the Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Preparedness Plan and approved local jury trial plans.
- Civil Jury Trials: No in-person civil jury trials will commence before April 30, 2021, unless an exception is granted by the Chief Judge after consultation with the Chief Justice. Civil jury trials may proceed remotely if the presiding judge and the parties agree.
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely to the extent possible. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Criminal Jury Trials: No new jury trials will begin before March 15, 2021, unless the Chief Judge grants an exception. Exceptions shall be granted for criminal cases that meet three criteria - speedy trial, in-custody defendant, and felony or non-felony person crime - unless a trial cannot be held safely due to local conditions.
- Civil Jury Trials: No in-person civil jury trials will be held before March 15, 2021. Exceptions may be granted in limited circumstances. A civil jury trial may take place remotely if all parties and the judge are in agreement.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours, excluding court holidays. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for more information.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
Face coverings are required in all court facilities. If you do not have a face covering, see court staff immediately.
If you are required to visit a court facility but have COVID-19 symptoms or have had COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days contact the court
or your attorney as soon as possible.
Minnesota Judicial Branch COVID-19 Orders and Information »
Safely Reopening Court Facilities Resources »
If you have a court case scheduled in Rock County District Court, call (507) 935-7006
to determine if your case will be heard or scheduled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email
The Rock County courthouse, Luverne, MN, has implemented additional requirements for entry. Before entering the courthouse you will be required to:
- Sanitize your hands
- Wear a face covering
- Access Court Administration via use of elevator ONLY
The Rock County courthouse public service counter and public access terminal(s) are accessible.
Court Filings and fine payments may be deposited in the drop box in north entrance of courthouse. Be sure to include contact information.