New Limitations at Court Facilities
Per an order
from Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, the Minnesota Judicial Branch is limiting in-person activities in court facilities in response to increased COVID-19 infection rates in Minnesota:
- Jury Trials: Jury trials in progress will continue until complete. No new jury trials will begin prior to February 1, 2021. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Remote Hearings: All hearings will be conducted remotely. Exceptions may be granted for in-person proceedings under limited circumstances.
- Public Access: At least one counter service window must be open during normal business hours. Services may be provided remotely or by appointment only. See below for current information on public access to our court facilities.
- Self-Help Center services are available by phone and email.
Public Access to Waseca Court Facilities
Public service counters and public access terminals (courthouse terminals) are available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Other County-Specific Information
- The Waseca County courthouse has implemented additional screening requirements for entry. Before entering the courthouse you will be required to:
- Submit to a temperature check
- Disclose if you have had any COVID-19 symptoms
- Sanitize your hands
- Wear a face covering
- Wear gloves
- If you have a court case scheduled in Waseca County District Court, call (507) 308-7002 to determine if your case will be heard or schedled to a future date. You may also contact the court by email.
If you have questions about a case filed in Waseca County, you may contact us by phone or email: