Appellate Courts >
Supreme Court >
Supreme Court Opinions
Click to subscribe
Appellate Courts will begin transmitting all notices, orders, and opinions electronically.
Beginning no later than July 1, 2011, the appellate courts will send notices, orders, opinions and correspondence related to pending cases to attorneys in those cases by e-mail rather than postal mail. All attorneys with pending appellate cases who have not already registered an e-mail address should do so immediately. Unrepresented parties with pending appellate cases may also participate in this e-notification system by registering an e-mail address. Please go to http://www.mncourts.gov/?page=156 for instructions how to register your e-mail address.
OPINIONS OF THE SUPREME COURT
FILED WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2014
NOTICE - MEDIA RELEASE TIME IS 10:00 A.M.
A14-0171 Danny Ortega, Jr., petitioner, Appellant, vs. State of Minnesota, Respondent.
Because the record establishes that even without the recanted testimony, the jury would not have reached a different result at trial, the postconviction court did not abuse its discretion when it denied appellant’s request for a new trial without holding an evidentiary hearing on his witness-recantation claim.
Affirmed. Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea.
A14-0211 In re Petition for Disciplinary Action against Jason William McGee, a Minnesota
Attorney, Registration No. 387360.
Suspended for a minimum of 1 year. Justice Alan C. Page.
(Added to website 11/20/14)
ORDERS ON PETITIONS FOR FURTHER REVIEW
Filed November 18, 2014
(Petitioner indicated in Italic Type)
1. State of Minnesota vs. Emmanuel Maurice Galloway – A13-1449 – Denied
2. Kristina Hacker Tompach vs. Paul Christopher Tompach – A14-0060 – Denied
3. State of Minnesota vs. Russell James Fenstermaker – A13-1082 – Denied
4. State of Minnesota vs. Sam Horace Meeks – A13-2331 – Denied
5. Willie James Patterson vs. State of Minnesota – A14-0146 – Denied
6. State of Minnesota vs. Kyle Anthony Compardo – A13-1844 – Denied
7. State of Minnesota vs. Donavan Duane Bellanger – A13-1088 – Denied
8. State of Minnesota vs. Jonathan Lee Closner – A13-1949 – Denied
9. Robert R Elliott, individually, and as trustee of the Robert R. Elliott Revocable Trust
and the Elliott Mandelheim Trust vs. Noah’s Ark Processors, LLC, et al., Tal Parente,
et al., Dawson Partners, LLC, et al., Defendants – A13-2282 – Denied
10. State of Minnesota vs. Alex Cennedi Closmore – A13-0806, A13-1186 – Denied
11. RAM Mutual Insurance Company vs. EMC Property & Casualty Company, et al.,
John Shriver as Trustee for the Next of Kin of Christian David Kruckow, and Rolland
Fred Kruckow – A14-0197 – Denied
12. Raymond Semler vs. Lucinda Jesson, Commissioner of Human Services, et al. –
A14-0058 – Denied
13. Willie James Richardson vs. State of Minnesota – A13-2411 – Granted/Stayed
14. State of Minnesota vs. Ali Mehralian – A13-2201 – Denied
15. State of Minnesota vs. Devon Scott Martin – A13-1522 – Denied
16. State of Minnesota vs. Alton Dominique Finch – A14-0203 – Granted
17. State of Minnesota vs. Rebecca Brynetta Passon – A13-1850 – Denied
18. Donald Bergs vs. Department of Employment and Economic Development – A13-2221 –
19. In re the Matter of: Karen Brys n/k/a Karen Warn vs. Timothy Peterson – A14-0237 –
20. In re the Marriage of: Pamela Kay Beltrand vs. Thomas Leo Beltrand – A13-2150 –
21. State of Minnesota vs. Christopher Steven Pettinelli – A13-0714 – Denied
22. State of Minnesota vs. David Edward Westgard – A14-0340 – Denied
23. State of Minnesota vs. Charles Chuck Jackson – A13-1464 – Denied
24. State of Minnesota vs. Jacob Robert Levy – A13-2358 – Denied (11-4-14)
25. State of Minnesota vs. Derek Lawrence Stavish – A14-0771 – Granted (11-4-14)
The Adobe Reader must be used to view or print the opinions.
Click "Get Adobe Reader" button to download Adobe Reader free of charge.