Updated Minnesota District Court Registered User Filing Guide
Posted: Saturday, September 1, 2018
The Minnesota District Court Registered User Filing Guide
is updated effective September 1, 2018. The Guide explains how to use the eFS System to electronically file and serve documents in Minnesota district courts.
Everyone who e-files in district courts needs to follow the Guide. The updated version of the Guide:
- Includes the expanded exemption for wills from e-filing;
- Describes common issues with copy requests and service contacts;
- Explains why filers should only designate a single email address per case as a service contact;
- Indicates that the eFS Support Center now also handles questions about the appellate E-MACS system;
- Contains additional information about current requirements for signing court documents and proper use of Forms 11.1 and 11.2;
- Uses the terminology “text-based PDF” and “image-based PDF” to promote clarity on the use of scanned (image-based) PDFs;
- Removes the former prohibition on including bullet points, checkboxes, and special characters in e-filed documents; and
- Includes a new Revision History appendix to document the history of updates to the Guide.
The Guide is available at www.mncourts.gov/efile
. Everyone who e-files should review the updated Guide.