Planned maintenance on the Minnesota Judicial Branch website will take place on Friday, May 24, from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The website may be inaccessible during that period, but all applications, such as eFile and eServe (eFS) and access to case records (MPA Remote), will still be available.
Parent Education Required in Contested Custody or Parenting Time Cases
Pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 518.157 enacted in 1998, parents involved in contested custody or parenting time cases, regardless of whether a marriage relationship exists. In all other proceedings involving custody, support, or parenting time, the court has discretion to order the parents to attend a parent education program. The courses attended by parents must meet the Parent Education Minimum Standards.
Available Courses for Carver, Dakota, Goodhue, Le Sueur, McLeod, Scott, and Sibley Counties.
- Bridging Parental Conflict offered by the Bridging Center, Edina, (612) 454-9291
- Headway Emotional Health Richfield, Golden Valley, and Inver Grove Heights, (612) 798-8181
- “Co-Parenting Seminar” (in person) [must be paired with “Legal & Economic Aspects of Divorce (LEAD)” in person course to meet all requirements]
- “Legal & Economic Aspects of Divorce (LEAD)” [must be paired with in person or video conference "Co-Parenting Seminar" to meet all requirements]
- Parents Forever offered by the University of Minnesota, multiple locations.
Live Video Conferencing:
- Headway Emotional Health, (612) 798-8181
- "Co-Parenting Seminar" (video conference) [must be paired with “Legal & Economic Aspects of Divorce (LEAD)” in-person course to meet all requirements]
- "Legal & Economic Aspects of Divorce (LEAD)" [must be paired with in-person or video conference "Co-Parenting Seminar" to meet all requirements]
- Minnesota Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course offered by the Bay Brooke Center for Independence and Wellness, (727) 827-7890