Appointed to the Court of Appeals by Governor Mark Dayton, April 3, 2014. Elected in 2016 and 2022. Current term expires Jan. 2029.
Appointed to the Fourth Judicial District on Nov. 12, 1997. Elected in 2000, 2006, and 2012. District Court Assignment History:
- Civil and Adult Criminal, Jan. 2006-April 2014
- Juvenile, Aug. 1998-Dec. 2005 (Oct. 2002 to Oct. 2004, Presiding Judge)
- Criminal, Sept. 1997-July 1998
- Assistant United States Attorney, Criminal Division, Chief of Firearms and Narcotics Section, April 1989-Nov. 1997
- Attorney; Lindquist & Vennum, PLLP; Minneapolis, MN; Sept. 1985-April 1989
- Law Clerk; U.S. District Judge Robert G. Renner; St. Paul, MN; 1983-1985
- Recognized as Trial Judge of the Year by the American Board of Trial Advocacy – Minnesota Chapter (June 2010)
- Minnesota District Judges Foundation Outstanding Judicial Service to the Community Award (Sept. 2009)
- 2008 Judicial Professional Award, Hennepin County Bar Association
- 2006 Distinguished Alumni Award, The College of Wooster
- University of Minnesota Law School, Adjunct Professor, Trial Practice, 2004-Present
- Minnesota Judicial Council, 2005-2013
- Appointed to serve on the three-judge panel for In the Matter of the Contest of General Election Held on November 4, 2008 for the Purpose of electing a United States Senator from the State of Minnesota, Sheehan and Coleman v. Franken (Supreme Court Case #A09-697, District Court Case #62-CV-09-56)
- Minnesota Supreme Court Civil Justice Reform Task Force, 2011-2012
- Minnesota Supreme Court Children’s Justice Initiative Advisory Committee, 2011-Present
Civic and Community Activities:
- Board Member, William Mitchell College of Law, 2012-Present
- Judge Reilly continues to be active in many other civic and community activities.
Judge Reilly is an adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota Law School, teaching Trial Skills. She also has presented at Department of Justice conferences in Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Costa Rica on the topic of children victims and witnesses in human trafficking, and has given many presentations on other topics as well in various venues. She received the Distinguished Alumni Award for the College of Wooster.