Kandiyohi County Law Day Open Courthouse Event
The Kandiyohi County District Court and Kandiyohi County will host an Open Courthouse event on May 3, 2019, from 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. The event features Free legal assistance from Central Minnesota Legal Services, and presentations by a Supreme Court justice, Court of Appeals judge, and Eighth Judicial District Court judge.
About the Event
The Open Courthouse event will feature:
Somali and Spanish Interpreters will be available to assist visitors.
Also available at the Open Courthouse are legal advice clinics available to area residents, provided by Central Minnesota Legal Services.
- A kick-off event featuring remarks by Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Paul Thissen and Kandiyohi County District Court Judge Stephen Wentzell;
- An information fair with an opportunity to learn more about Minnesota's justice system, its partner organizations, and resources available to self-represented litigants;
- Guided tours of the courthouse, including an informational stop about Minnesota's three levels of courts presented by Justice Paul Thissen, Court of Appeals Judge Lucinda Jesson, and Judge Stephen Wentzell; and
- Demonstrations of the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office SWAT vehicle and K-9 unit.
12:30 p.m. - Keynote presentation in Courtroom 210
1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Guided public tours of the courthouse every 20 minutes
1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Information/Career Fair on the Main Level
12:30 - 3:00 p.m. - Free legal advice clinic on the Lower Level
12:30 - 3:00 p.m. - SWAT vehicle and K-9 viewing
Tours will depart every 20 minutes and last approximately 35 minutes.
- 1:00 p.m. (depart from Courtroom 210 after the keynote presentation)
- 1:20 p.m.
- 1:40 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
- 2:20 p.m.
Information/Career Fair Participants
- Careers in the Courts
- County Probation
- Willmar Police Department
- Kandiyohi County Human Services