Sherburne County Open Courthouse Event
On Friday, November 22, the Sherburne County Government Center in Elk River will open its doors to the public as part of a Constitution Day “Open Courthouse” event. The event is being held to showcase the work of Minnesota’s courts, and educate the public about the work of judges, attorneys, law enforcement, and Sherburne County Departments in administering the state’s justice system and county government.
The free, open-to-the public event, on November 22, will run from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Open Courthouse event will feature numerous activities, including:
- A special welcome presentation featuring local judges and a justice from the MN Supreme Court.
- An opportunity to meet local district court judges and justice partners.
- Informational “behind-the-scenes” tours of the Sherburne County Government Center Courts Judicial Services and Administration wings, with presentations by judges and county administrators.
- Information Fair featuring court and county departments.
- Free, one-on-one legal assistance will be provided through the walk-in Self-Help Center.
- A mock trial experience with a local district court judge.
- A Sherburne County Law Library tour and free legal clinic services.
- 1:00 p.m. Kickoff Event with Supreme Court Justice and Sherburne County District Court Judge
- 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Information Fair with County and Justice Partners
- 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Mock Trial Exercise with Judge Mary Yunker
- 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. Jury Information Sessions with Judge and the Jury Team
- 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Self Help Services Available at the Self-Help Center
- 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Central Minnesota Legal Services Legal Advice Clinics
- 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Meet a Judge & Judge Team
Guided Tours of the Government Center will begin at 1:30, 2:00, and 2:30 p.m.
What: Open Courthouse for the Community
When: Friday, November 22, 1:00PM- 4PM
Where: Sherburne County Government Center, 13880 Business Ctr. Dr. NW, Elk River, MN 55330
The Constitution Day Open Courthouse event is being hosted by Sherburne County District Court in partnership with Sherburne County and local justice partners.
Partners and Information Fair participants include:
- Sherburne County Probation
- Sherburne County Planning and Zoning
- Sherburne County Sheriff's Department
- Sherburne County Recorder
- Sherburne County Administration
- Sherburne County Attorney's Office
- Sherburne County Health and Human Services
- Sherburne County Extension Office
- Sherburne County District Court