Appointed to the Court of Appeals on Aug. 24, 2020, by Governor Tim Walz. Current term expires Jan. 2023.
Appointed to the District Court on September 12, 2018, by Governor Mark Dayton.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1994
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Minnesota, 1991
- Attorney, Matonich Law, P.C.
- Assistant Public Defender, Office of the Minnesota Appellate Public Defender and Bucks County Public Defender’s Office
- Judicial Clerk, Honorable Robert H. Schumacher, Minnesota Court of Appeals
- Law Clerk, Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, Appellate Division
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member, Supreme Court’s Advisory Committee for the Minnesota Rules of Evidence
- Member, Supreme Court’s Advisory Committee for the Minnesota Rules of Civil Procedure
- Member, Supreme Court’s Advisory Committee for the Minnesota Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Co-Chair, Domestic Violence Steering Committee, Hennepin County District Court
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota District Court Judges Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Adjunct Professor of Law, William Mitchell College of Law
- Judge, Law in Practice Chambers Conference, University of Minnesota Law School
- Chair, Jungle Theater Board of Directors
- Member, Children of Incarcerated Caregivers Board of Directors
- Member, Twin Cities Theater Camp Board of Directors
- Volunteer, Minnesota High School Mock Trial