Appointed by Governor Tim Pawlenty on April 7, 2006. Elected in 2008, 2014, and 2020. Current term expires Jan. 2027.
Chambered in Pennington County:
Pennington County Justice Center
141 Main Ave. S.
Thief River Falls, MN 56701
Also the sole judge serving Kittson County:
Kittson County Courthouse
410 5th Street South
Hallock, MN 56728
J.D., University of North Dakota Law School (Grand Forks), 1994
B.A., Concordia College (Moorhead), 1991
- Judge- Ninth Judicial District, 2006-present
- Attorney- Johannson, Rust, Yon, Stock and Rasmussen, 1994-2006
- Chapter 7 Trustee- U.S. Department of Justice, 2003-2006
- Minnesota Judicial Council (July 2019–present)
- Former Board Member, Minnesota District Judges Association
- One-Judge County Committee
- 14th District Bar Association (former president, 2004-2005)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Northwest Minnesota Legal Services, Inc.
- Moe Lutheran Church – Sunday School music leader & substitute organist
- Former Board Member – Crookston Education Foundation
- Former Board Member / Treasurer – Friends of the Library
- Former Board Member – Sunrise Children’s Center
Lecturing and Teaching Experience:
Judge Yon has been an adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota Crookston teaching business law since 1999.