eFS Communication Archive Detail
eFS Upgrade Reminder: Use HTML5 eFS Portal Beginning December 1, 2021
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2021
: Effective December 1, 2021, anyone required to use eFS to electronically eFile and eServe documents, or voluntarily chooses to use eFS, must use the HTML5 eFS
portal. This change will only impact some users who use the Internet Explorer browser to access eFS.
Why is this happening?
Microsoft has ended support for the Silverlight internet browser plug-in on October 12, 2021. As a result of this change, the Minnesota Judicial Branch will no longer support this version of the eFS portal
. Anyone required to use eFS to electronically eFile and eServe documents, or voluntarily chooses to use eFS, must use the HTML5 eFS
If you are accessing the HTML5 eFS portal through Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 10 or higher, this change does not impact you.
6 Steps to Transition to the HTML5 eFS portal
Follow these six steps to successfully transition to HTML5 eFS and prevent any disruption in service:
- Test the URL for the HTML5 eFS portal to ensure your browser is compatible.
- If you are unable to access the site, you will need to upgrade your current browser or choose a different browser that supports HTML5. Supported browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 10 or higher.
- Bookmark the HTML5 eFS portal.
- Log in to the HTML5 eFS portal using your existing email address and password.
- Review the HTML5 eFS training resources. Click on the gold “Training Materials” link near the top right to review the Quick Reference Guides.
- Participate in a web-based HTML5 eFS training session.
- Start using HTML5 eFS to electronically eFile and eServe your documents.
Contact the MN eFile and eServe Support Team
with any questions.