Dakota County Juror Reporting Information
Jurors must keep in contact with us throughout their term. You will need to check this website or call the jury message line, (651) 438-8181, whenever you are directed to do so.
Follow the directions for your group number. Your group number appears on the top right-hand side of your summons.
This message is for Jurors whose term of service began Monday, September 21:
Jurors will not have to check this website, call the recorded message line, or report any more this week, unless you have been selected on a trial. We do not have any additional trials scheduled for the remainder of the week. Your term has now been completed and you have fulfilled your obligation.
If you are checking on jury service for the two-week term that begins on October 5, information regarding that term will not be posted until Friday, October 2, after 5:00 p.m.
When you report for jury service, come to the Jury Assembly Room on the lower level of the Judicial Center in Hastings. We are the center building of the U-shaped complex numbered 1560. There are security measures similar to airport screening so please allow time for this procedure. Do not bring any sharp objects with you as they may be confiscated. This includes metal silverware. We do not have a cafeteria in the courthouse. There is a refrigerator and microwave available for your use. You should wear neat, comfortable clothes; however, shorts are not acceptable. Wireless internet access is also available.
In response to COVID-19 Dakota County had developed a plan and completed the Jury Trial Restart Application in order to address changes to facilities and protocols to meet social distancing and safety needs. Dakota County District Court has met the criteria and are restarting jury trials.
- In consultation with the Minnesota Department of Health, a plan has been developed that includes space for social distancing.
- Extensive cleaning protocols are being followed for court facilities.
- Hand sanitizer is available in each courtroom.
- Members of a jury will be spread out in a courtroom to provide space for social distancing.
- Dakota County requires the use of face masks in all public areas. You may wear your own mask or we will supply one for your use.
- Jurors are encouraged to bring their own water and snacks to the Government Center at this time.
For more information refer to the State Juror Webpage
Thank you for your service!