ORDERS ON PETITIONS FOR FURTHER REVIEW
FILED Wednesday, November 23, 2022
(Petitioner indicated in Italic Type)
1. State of Minnesota vs. Raeleen Kay Johnson
Issue: Minnesota Statutes section 609.505, subdivision 1 prohibits falsely reporting a crime and applies to “[w]hoever informs a law enforcement officer that a crime has been committed.” In order to prove the venue element of this crime, must the State prove that the defendant was in the county of charging when she made the false report?
2. In the Matter of the Surveillance and Integrity Review (SIRS) Appeal by Nobility Home Health Care, Inc
. – A21-1477
Issues: 1) Can the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) ignore statutory limits on the sanctions that can be imposed on home health care centers for paperwork errors? 2) Can DHS adopt an agency rule defining “abuse” so broadly as to contravene its ordinary usage and render statutory limitations meaningless? 3) Can DHS exercise its statutory discretion to sanction home health providers in violation of its policy without offering any explanation or factual support for its decision?
Granted in part
3. James Zika
vs. Elder Care of Minnesota, Inc., et al., Naree Weaver – A21-1710
Issue: Is a court-appointed guardian subject to liability for their own acts of negligence and not immune from such liability, even when considering Minn. Stat. § 524.5-313(c)(2)?
4. Ross R. Lundstrom, et al. vs. Township of Florence
, State of Minnesota – A21-1714
Granted and stayed pending final disposition in In re Application of Moratzka
, Nos. A21-0829, A21-0832.
5. State of Minnesota vs. George Robert Lyons
6. Andrew Crisman, et al.
vs. Hillman Township, Minnesota – A22-0123
7. State of Minnesota vs. Vincent Lee Kelley
8. County of Dakota, and Ayan Mohamoud Omar vs. Yasin Mohamad Abbas
9. Lannon Lavar Burdunice
vs. State of Minnesota – A22-0076
10. State of Minnesota vs. Ashley Monique Swart
11. State of Minnesota vs. Tanisha Amiea Dunn
12. In the Matter of the Civil Commitment of: Chester Lee Grauberger
13. Kathryn Marie Larson, On behalf of Minor Child vs. Keith Norman Marohn
14. Orlando Omar Castillo
vs. State of Minnesota – A22-0335
15. State of Minnesota vs. Joseph Ndichu Kinyanjui
16. State of Minnesota vs. Michael Donald Caya
17. Weston Palmer Harbison
vs. State of Minnesota – A22-0056
18. John Thomas Owen
vs. State of Minnesota
19. Health Care Service Corporation, et al. vs. Albertsons Companies, LLC, et al.
, SuperValu, Inc. – A22-0219
20. State of Minnesota vs. Bjorn Bolton Iverson
21. State of Minnesota vs. Hassan Abdi
22. Emem Ufot Udoh
vs. State of Minnesota – A22-0481
23. State of Minnesota vs. David Lee Williams, Jr.
24. State of Minnesota vs. Remona Lysa Brown
25. In the Matter of the Welfare of the Child of: P.D.J.
, Parent –A22-0501